Holmenkollen Skifestival have partnered up with Fursetgruppen for catering services during the events. – A perfect match, says Kristin Vestgren Sæterøy, CEO in Holmenkollen Skifestival.
Fursetgruppen is the new catering partner for the upcoming World Cup Nordic and World Cup biathlon events in Holmenkollen as of the 2019/20 season. -We are thrilled and proud to have this catering delivery. These events are one of a kind and we look forward to help making the guest experience in Holmenkollen even better in the future, says Tor Lundsholt, leader for Event & Catering in Fursetgruppen.
Fursetgruppen will be responsible for serving food and beverage to all VIP-guests (approx. 3500) spread over five competition days. Additionally, they will deliver nutritious and tasteful meals to about 2000 volunteers. And it doesn’t stop with that; Fursetgruppen will also handle tailor-made catering experiences for companies, groups and last but not least, the top athletes, in the many different locations in Holmenkollen.
-We have an experienced team made up of chefs and waitresses who are passionately geared to deliver restaurant quality, at any given location. It is about putting the right pieces together in order to create a successful restaurant experience. People, carefully selected commodities, presentation and service stand at the very core in the delivery, says Lundsholt.
Important for the experience as a whole
Holmenkollen Skifestival continuously work to enhance the unique festival experience during the World Cup events in Holmenkollen. According to Sæterøy, this requires a combination of facilitating for best possible sport performances and at the same time delivering high quality spectator experiences in the venue.
-It is not just sport that drives the spectators to come to Holmenkollen. They wish to take part in the ‘folk festival’ and share the social experience with friends, family and colleagues. And in this regard, the food and beverage quality becomes a key component in the experience as a whole, says Kristin Vestgren Sæterøy, CEO in Holmenkollen Skifestival.
-That is why Fursetgruppen is a perfect match for us. They know Holmenkollen well and they have a highly professional system. On top of that, they are creative and emphasize the guest experience, says Sæterøy.
Marketing and Communications Director
+47 930 79 019
- Fursetgruppen is one of the leading restaurant groups in Norway with more than 500 full time employees serving thousands of guests annually across 25+ restaurants, canteens and event venues. Furset Group (Fursetgruppen) was founded in 1997 by the renown chef Bjørn Tore Furset.
- Since the startup the legacy thread has remained the same – a consistent focus on quality, competence and guest experience. Read more at fursetgruppen.no
- Holmenkollen Skifestival is the event organizer of the FIS World Cup Nordic Holmenkollen and BMW IBU World Cup Biathlon Holmenkollen as well as the roller skiing show event in the spring. The event company was established in 2014 and consists of 8 employees.
- Last season, as many as 150.000 spectators came to Holmenkollen to experience one of the sporting events hosted by Holmenkollen Skifestival.
- This winter, World Cup Nordic takes place 6 – 8 March 2020 and the World Cup finale in biathlon takes place 20 – 22 March 2020. The ticket sale has begun.
- Read more about all the options for events and catering in Holmenkollen.