During the FIS World Cup Nordic event, thousands of spectators experience the races outside the arena – in “Marka”.
During the event in Holmenkollen, many choose to see the cross country race from outside the arena – in the so called “marka” areas. If you choose to experience the truly Norwegian way of seeing the cross country races, there are a few things to remember:
- Bring enough food and warm drink for the day – and dress according to the weather! It might be cold and snowing – remember we are in Norway
- There is a tent at Frognerseteren serving food such as burgers and hot dogs, and coffee and mineral water
- Bring all your food, drink and additional belongings with you when you leave the are – please leave the area looking just the way it was when you arrived there
- Please bear in mind that there are thousands of others experiencing this alongside you, be polite, kind and have a good time
- According to local laws, you are not permitted to spend the night outside for more than two nights
There are no parking facilities at Frognerseteren, so you need to use the metro line 1 to get there. Are you bringing kids, we recommend that you spend the day at “Hemingseter Familiecamp” (marked in purple in the map below).